trying to conceive a girl, has anybody heard about acidity levels/alkalinity levels to prepare for a certain sex of baby?

cheyenne2172

Asked by cheyenne2172 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have three girls and a boy. I read the book Choosing the Sex of Your Baby before trying to conceive my son. I believe it does talk about acidity/alkalinity levels. I stopped using a spermicide because of the recommendations regarding the acidity/alkalinity levels though I can't remember the details about it now. What was most interesting to me was after tracking my temp in the morn. for three months I found I ovulate much earlier in my cycle than one would think and when I looked back I could tell how I increased my odds of having a girl each time before. If I had not known when I ovulated, I would have thought I should have conceived a boy...at least according to the book. Though my cycles were 28 days I ovulated between day 10 and 12. So when I conceived on day 14, I missed the window for increasing my chances for a boy. In a nutshell, the book said for a girl avoid the day of ovulation. Can't remember the exact # of hrs.
    kittensandpup

Answer by kittensandpup at 11:31 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The only thing I've heard of is timing ovulation and sperm. Male sperm is faster but die off quicker. Female sperm is slower but last longer. So I guess start a before ovulation and the male sperm die off before the egg is available. They have books on it. Claim to be 80% effective.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:28 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Back to your actual ?....the spermicide changes the acidity/alkalinity environment in the vagina. We used nothing but condoms for a few months. The first month we tried to get pregnant with a boy nothing happened. First time in my life I had not gotten pg when trying. The second time we got pg. i was 33 at the time. Of course, I was trying to accomplish the opposite of what you are trying for so how helpful am I??? :-)
    kittensandpup

Answer by kittensandpup at 11:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• why dont you let god decide?
    Anonymous

• i heard something about hubby taking cranberry pills if you want a girl.... (which would make sense with acidic levels) google it.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009