Have to tell the family!

How can I tell the family that I am pregnant? The thing that makes this pregnancy not as exciting as it could be is that I am only 19 and am still financially dependent on my parents. I'm afraid of what my family will think and all that... My parents know, but I still have to tell everyone else like grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. Any tips??

alexteale

Asked by alexteale at 12:36 PM on Oct. 22, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I agree with the others. Why do you have to make it a big thing to tell them? What do they really have to do with it? Not saying you should lie or hide it from them but if they're going to react negatively why even bother? They'll find out when they find out and so be it.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I don't think it is anyone but you, your boyfriends, and your parents business. I would for sure make the father of the child step up to the plate, now that you have made this choice, your parents don't deserve to have to pay for and raise your child.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Ill tell you like I told my daughter- you should hae thought about how afraid you were to tell others BEFORE you got pregnant. Now you are- time to grow up and if they get mad or disappointed they will eventually get over it but YOU have to be the one to tell them or you can wiat until they start asking and hearing about it which will probably hurt thier feelings that you hid it from them.

.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 12:42 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• They will know at some point you need to be ready for what ever the reaction will be. you are a legal adult so brace yourself. Good luck
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I would have my mother tell them.
    Anonymous

• Time to be a big girl and step up to the plate! If you are ashamed that you're pregnant you should have thought of that before, now that you are you have to take responsibility for your actions and be an adult.
    BeautyGuru

Answer by BeautyGuru at 2:27 PM on Oct. 22, 2012