Best book you read this year?

From Review

Book Description

April 3, 2012
The Dovekeepers is Alice Hoffman’s most ambitious and mesmerizing novel, a tour de force of research and imagination.

Nearly two thousand years ago, nine hundred Jews held out for months against armies of Romans on Masada, a mountain in the Judean desert. According to the ancient historian Josephus, two women and five children survived. Based on this tragic and iconic event, Hoffman’s novel is a spellbinding tale of four extraordinarily bold, resourceful, and sensuous women, each of whom has come to Masada by a different path. Yael’s mother died in childbirth, and her father, an expert assassin, never forgave her for that death. Revka, a village baker’s wife, watched the murder of her daughter by Roman soldiers; she brings to Masada her young grandsons, rendered mute by what they have witnessed. Aziza is a warrior’s daughter, raised as a boy, a fearless rider and expert marksman who finds passion with a fellow soldier. Shirah, born in Alexandria, is wise in the ways of ancient magic and medicine, a woman with uncanny insight and power.

The lives of these four complex and fiercely independent women intersect in the desperate days of the siege. All are dovekeepers, and all are also keeping secrets—about who they are, where they come from, who fathered them, and whom they love.

Asked by booklover545 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Set during World War II in Germany, Zusaks groundbreaking novel is the story of Liesel Meminger, a foster girl living outside of Munich. Liesel, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing, encounters something she cant resist: books.

I cried my eyes out!!!

Answer by alexteale at 1:31 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I'm actually a little behind on my books, but I just read the Hunger Games trilogy and loved them.

Answer by BeautyGuru at 1:29 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Best book I read this year - MINE!

Okay, now I'll be serious. It's hard to choose. I've read a lot of books this year. I read the Hunger Games trilogy, and really loved it. I think I'd probably have to go with that, as it's the only thing that really stands out in my memory right now. Well...Fifty Shades stands out, but definitely not as the best. lol

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• The Help. And not just because it was the ONLY book I've read this year.

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• it was really good but it was the only non text book ive read this year :(

Answer by okmanders at 2:39 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I am almost finished with this one

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I enjoy non-fiction books. I like to learn new things. This was the most interesting I've read this year:

Just creepy! 

Answer by 3libras at 3:34 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Stephen King, bag of bones

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Bible.

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Oct. 23, 2012

• The Shack.

Answer by crafteechic at 10:57 AM on Oct. 23, 2012