Can get I get my 5 month old to eat her oatmeal?

Is there something I can add to it to make her like it?

Babygirl24679

Asked by Babygirl24679 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • I make my dd's with apple juice rather than water or formula. It adds a little sweetness.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If she's pushing it out with her tongue its called the tongue thrust reflex and she is not ready for solids.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:40 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If she's not into it, don't push it. Most ped's now recommend that you wait until at least 6 months to start solids. She's letting you know she's not ready yet. Try again in a few weeks.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I mix my DD oatmeal with breastmilk and applesauce.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:41 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i dunno. Caleb never liked it no matter what we did. We just gave up & tried a bit later. He never liked his cereals. . .he loved fruit thugh
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Have you ever tasted baby oatmeal? Ewww! You have 2 choices depending on your baby: 1) she isn't ready to eat yet just wait or 2) try something else like bananna's, avacodo's, apple sauce (the list goes on) You know your baby may NEVER want to eat oatmeal, rice, or any of the cereals. She may not like the texture or taste. Now if you try something else and it doesn't work either she really isn't ready. Read up on DR. Sears web site for more info on how to feed first foods.
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 11:55 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Even tho I do give my DD oatmeal now for the last few days, its not necessary. Its just extra carbs and calories to fill them up. If she doesn't like it, try avocados. Oh my gosh, my baby Looooves them. I just mash up about 1/4 to 1/2 an avocado in the Munchkin food pureer (target for 9.99) and add some breastmilk to make it like runny yogurt and she holds her mouth open like a little bird. Its so cute. so if you want to try solids, try a vegetable. good luck. if not then just wait a couple of days and try again.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009