My four year old is about to get suspended because we have not gotten her dental paper filled out yet. LMFAO!

DD has to have a dental paper by Friday. I told the director of the program that I was making her an appt today but I did not know when she could get in and she told me that I better figure it out or DD would get suspended. I told her she may have to miss a few days but I was not to worried about it that it would get done next week at the latest. She gets real serious and says I d not want her suspended because it would go on her permanent record. I smiled and said okay I will keep that in mind. ' but I was trying so hard not to say 'Oh well gosh I hope her being suspended in Pre-K doesn't keep her out of Harvard!! Let me get her to the Dentist RIGHT NOW!' LMAO! why is it so important for th kids to have a dental record at the school any way? I mean, at least a vaccine record makes sense! Even the vision make since because they need to see to learn but Dental?? WHY is this worth the schools time? Why is it worth suspending a child over? And lastly, why do I care is my DD being suspended over a dental record goes on her permanent record!? What difference does a suspension in Pre-K make in the long run!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:11 PM on Oct. 22, 2012 in

• Why do they need her dental records? I didn't have to do that for either of my kids. Weird.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:13 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• A dental record saying she has no cavities and that she has seen a dentist in the last year. It's dumb as Hell.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:15 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• What the heck. I don't think there's any reason for suspension. I would go to a higher up for this one.

Sheet... If she can't get into the dentist til next week big deal- give them proof of an appointment. I don't think there's any communicable diseases they are worried about.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• i've never had any school ask for dental records, least of all a preK.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:17 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• My Son's Pre-K did not require Dental records. Even now in Kindergarten, you have the whole year to get them paperwork that says they have been to a dentist. Maybe it's mandated in your state & they will get into trouble if they have a child who has no dental records. Pre Schools are under strict guidelines now. They could lose their license.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:18 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Big brother anyone.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• It is for elementary here too. You have to have a dental and vision form and the vaccine record.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:19 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Wow. I've never heard of that at all.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 5:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• I will get it done I am not worried about that. I just think it is hilarious that the director was so serious about it going in her permanent record if she got suspended and I was curious why it was s important.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Oct. 22, 2012

• Wow, that's just weird. I can understand if they are required by the state to have it, but to suspend the child... in Pre-K? That's just a little too much. Honestly, they could ask you to provide proof of the appt once you make it and then be done with it.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 22, 2012