For Democrats, what were the two main points of Obama's speech last night?

I caught the first 3 minutes and my toaster caught on fire and missed the rest of the show.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Toaster caught on fire? God works in mysterious ways.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I missed it, they are always on during dinner and family time here. I will have to look it up but haven't finished my am caffeine yet.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 11:46 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• you can watch it here:
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog_post/first_presser/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 11:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It wasn't a speech. It was a press conference. He was asked many things...from the economy, to foreign policy, to nuclear weapons. There were many points.
    Anonymous

• Thank you, Heatherama, I will check it out.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ohh, I always read the transcripts of the speeches rather than listen or watch them. You get more time to digest them that way, and it's hard to spin without all the practiced intonation.

I know I'm a Republican, but I was reading this because I wanted to see what everyone had to say. I practiced the same technique with Bush.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• LOL!!! I love how people claim there were "many points" yet fail to name any even though specifically asked to do so in the OP.

Can't say I blame them...the words were coming out of his mouth, but between the stumbles and the "this is not my fault"s and "of course it's a spending bill"s I couldn't really make those key points out either.
    Anonymous

• I didn't watch it though I did see it up on the big screen at the airport. I was in a rush going from one plane to another or I would have stopped at watched it.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The HIGHLIGHT is when he threw Biden under the bus...all the rest was fluff, interrupted with a bunch of ums and ahhs. He's lost with that teleprompter (which he needed for the opening address!) Pathetic!
    Anonymous