Can my 2 week old be allergic to my breastmilk?

he is exclusively breastfed, everything was going good until about 3 days ago. Now he is spitting up after every feeding, and seems to be very uncomfortable. I haven't changed my eating habits recently, so i don't know what changed. Any help or insight?

keljp2

Asked by keljp2 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He might have just picked up a bug?

Answer by gemgem at 12:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• How is he burbing? He might just have some excess gas....try mylicon drops.
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It is highly unlikely for him to be allergic to your milk. Have you eaten green peppers, chocolate, broccoli, rice or beans in the last few days? Foods you sometimes never suspect can cause nasty gas/upset tummys to BF newborns. Make sure he is latched on well. Burping well and if he seems gassy try mylicon drops. If it lasts more than a few days and you can't seem to tracxe it to foods contact the Pediatrician.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• First, go to kellymom.com. Search for "overactive letdown". See if you match anything described there. If so, go forth with what they recommend to remedy it. If that's not it, come back, and we will work on finding what it IS.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009