Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


ok today i am going in to talk with a lawyer over getting custody of my son. I am trying to move out of state to start a new life and career so what would be some good questions to ask them?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (2)
  • Ask them about filing an ex parte which is an emergency custody hearing so you can get a temp order in effect right away showing you have custody. In it include that you will be moving so that itll be a non issue at the regular trial. Ask them to put in an order you are allowed to have sheriffs remove the child if the NCP refuses to give them back that way you never have that problem. Take in whatever you have showing you will have a better job, home, daycare, info on the schools (if applicable) etc to show the move is best for your son. That way the lawyer can form the order around that along with reasons for the custody.

    Answer by gemgem at 12:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • can you move out of state would be a good place to start. i know in tn you can't. you are paying this guy to see to your best interests. so follow his advice.

    Answer by princezzmommie at 5:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.