Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


ok today i am going in to talk with a lawyer over getting custody of my son. I am trying to move out of state to start a new life and career so what would be some good questions to ask them?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Is it even possible to move out of the state if your childs father still resides there, would be my first question.

    Answer by Dannee at 12:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Is there a good reason why you want full costody of your son? If there is I would stress that is why you want to move out of the state. Not sure what questions to ask.

    Answer by JamiesMom08 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

  • Why would you take your son away from his father? If dad truly is awful your son will still not see him as awful no matter what you see....if it's a safety issue, I can see that. If it's just you wanting to be a witch, think of the child you are ultimately going to hurt. Adults don't think of things the way their kids do....just think about it before you act on your "feelings".

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.