what to do when yiour almost 3 year old won't sleep in bed and wants to sleep on floor

i have a three year old child that would rather sleep on floor in a sleeping bag then her bed. what do i do to get her back to sleeping in bed ? i worry about her in floor

lucy0128

Asked by lucy0128 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Let her have fun with it. She's only 3 once. Make sure she's snug and comfortable. When my daughter was 3 (she's 4 now) she also wanted to sleep on th floor with her sleeping bag. She had one of those princess indoor tent/castle like thing... so we made it like she was camping. We padded the floor with extra blankes and pillows. A few nights of camping on the floor, inside her tent, and she was content and happy. No problem sleeping on her own bed after that.
    babygirlsofmine

Answer by babygirlsofmine at 12:20 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Let her sleep on the floor. She'll grow out of it. It's no big deal. What can happen to her on the floor?
    Anonymous

• They will grow out of it try putting the sleeping bag on their bed and go from there.
    But then again you are the parent. How did all this start?
    Anonymous

• Let her sleep on the floor.

At 3, she's probably about ready for a toddler bed (if she's not in one already) --- so she'd be able to get out of bed and get in the floor whenever she wants anyways.

Sleeping bags are fun, mom! :-)
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• let her sleep on the floor. i know, i don't like it either but what can you do? sometimes i let mine sleep in the bed in the sleeping bag. sometimes that works.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 12:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well i'm kinda going through the same thing but mine wants to sleep with me. She will be three march fifth and i dont know how to get her to sleep by herself. HELP ME..... And if she wants to sleep in her sleeping bag but it one her bed and zip her in it as if she was asleep on the floor. GOOD LUCK......
    Bre09

Answer by Bre09 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• she thinks she camping..haha.. let her have fun, theres no harm in it. my kids sleep on the floor from time to time.. no biggie. one day it will get old and she'll be in her bed again.
    Anonymous

• I agree make her a bed on the floor and let her sleep.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My younger 3 kids who are 10, 7 and 2 sleep on our floor about half the week. I wish they would sleep in their beds, but it gives them comfort...so I let them. They grow out of it. My teenager would sleep with the dogs before she would sleep in our room...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Put a blanket over her to make sure she is warm enough. No harm to sleep on the floor.

Answer by Bmat at 1:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009