Over easy eggs?

Is it ok to eat my eggs over easy while pregnant? I'm only like 6 weeks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know but I eat them... no one ever told me not to. If it's not OK then I'm in trouble LOL.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 12:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I would say no, MAYBE just a little dippy but it's not okay to eat them that runny.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• over easy eggs are technically a potential threat to everyone. Pregnant or not. The cooking process for 'over easy' usually does bring them to the minimum temperaturte required to kill salmonella.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't eat them like that if i were you i mean being pregnant and all were not even suppose to be eating sandwich meat without heating it up.
    Anonymous

• I was told not to...but I went on an egg-eating binge somewhere around 20 weeks and ate over easy eggs for like a week. My daughter and I are perfectly healthy.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• grrr...my answer has a typo..it should read DOES NOT bring them to a temperature that kills salmonella
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I read in a book that you are not supposed to. I am very paranoid though and go by the book on everything. I wouldnt do anything that COULD harm your baby.
    Anonymous

• I eat mine over-medium, so the yolk is still soft, but the egg white is completely done. No salmonella for me, lol.
    MommyToSmeech

Answer by MommyToSmeech at 1:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• do you buy pasteurized eggs? if you do then you can eat them raw if you want to :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009