Help!! How do i encourage my son to move himself?

Now i'm not only my son's pacifier, I'm his "walker" too. How do I get my son crawling or moving in some way. It's very frustrating for both of us at this point. He's 8 1/2 months old and he can't seem to get his belly off the floor. He starts fussing after a couple minutes of trying and then eventually cries. He looks to me to help him walk all over. I can only do this for so long before it's killing my back. He weighs nearly 25lbs. I hate to hear him cry and fuss and want him to be happy. I know this means he needs to get his butt moving, but how do i help him do this without the tears?

MaMaMo531

Asked by MaMaMo531 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every baby has his own time...so if he can stand try showing him how to cruise...
    VJmommy

Answer by VJmommy at 12:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• He may move right on to walking. Hang in there, he will do it in his own time.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• if he is army crawling I think thats fine.My son army crawls and is right on track with everything.Despite the fact we have hard wood floors.I've had to put down rugs so he dont slip and slide!
    Anonymous