ferberizing is ok?

VJmommy

Asked by VJmommy at 12:12 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Uh, is this a question?
    IMO, it is NOT okay. Cries deserve a loving responce. CIO is cruelty, but again, thats just my opinion, everyone has one.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:13 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If that's crying it out...I don't agree with it AT ALL!! why would you want to let your baby just lay there and cry. I hate it when people do this. You brought that baby into the world and now hes just left alone to CIO? it sux. They need love and affection especially when they are little. but then again Im a co-cleeper with my 5 mo. old DD and I love it. Shes the happiest baby!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 12:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Nope I think is mean and abusive.

Answer by gemgem at 12:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• CIO and ferberizing(a technique of CIO) are ok. Its not just letting your baby cry and cry, its teaching them to self sooth, to go to sleep on their own...which are real skills that need to be developed...i had a light blub moment when i realized that, if in their early years, they dont develop the skill of falling alseep without or with little aid, that their sleep habits could be effected for life. obviously give it a shoot, research how to do it. its a real technique, its a process, and if its something you wanna do, go for it. if your baby isnt responding like he should, then stop and find something different. but this is my opinion
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• CIO and ferberizing are very different in my opinion. Ferberizing is teaching a child to sleep on their own with a parents loving support. CIO is leaving a child to scream and cry for as long as it takes for them to run out of energy and finally fall asleep- Cruel! I am a AP parent and when it was time to transition my dd from co-sleeping to her crib at 11 months I researched this method and that is what I found was the most loving way to help her transition...I did do it a little more softer and slower then the method suggested & it worked great for her & me (since it was a transition for me as well). If you are unsure, do your own research & talk to your ped.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• and no CIO is not like the above discription...never have i read/heard (and i did alot of research) is it just leaving a baby to cry until they pass out. if thats what you think then that is wrong, bc yea...that is wrong. ferberizing is more hands on then CIO which makes it "better"
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 4:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009