How can anyone be ok with this?

The 25 lines edited out of the court papers contained details of how Mr Mohamed’s genitals were sliced with a scalpel and other torture methods so extreme that waterboarding, the controversial technique of simulated drowning, “is very far down the list of things they did,” the official said.

Another source familiar with the case said: “British intelligence officers knew about the torture and didn’t do anything about it.”

“All terror charges against him were dropped last year,” the Telegraph reported.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/02/09/mohamed-torture-uk-us/

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OH well, do what it takes. I am for any type of tortue required to get the information we need to keep AMERICANS alive, and help kill anyone who wants to see us dead. I have no problem with the car battery technique, waterboarding, the eyelid removal remedy, fire ants and sugar syrup, rats in a bag over the head, bamboo in nailbeds, being tied to dead bodies of comrades in the sun for 3 days. Nope, no problem here.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Even on those who are not proven to be terrorists? Wow. Fair enough.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 12:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• all those things that akin mention happens to our soldiers when they get caught by the enemy so why should our people go easy on known terrorist. the only reason that i know about this is because they teach you it in the army how other countries or enemy's whatever you want to call them will torture you and what you should do if this happens.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• yes, i agree, do what it takes.
    and when our opponent has some of our soldiers in captivitiy they will also do whatever it takes.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• That is how they have always done heather it's not like they will say ohhhh look americans are playing nicey nicey so we need to "change" our ways.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I find this very interesting. To say do what it takes, but then to condemn others for their actions. Seems to me all of those who agree with this behavior would have been fine with the tortures used in the Holocaust if they were able to be convinced Jews were the enemy. I wonder if they teach their children to not only push back a child that pushes them, but take it a step further. Anything to keep our families safe, right?

Spyse

Answer by Spyse at 12:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• "Mr Mohamed, 30, an Ethiopian, was granted refugee status in Britain in 1994. He was picked up in Pakistan in 2002 on suspicion of involvement in terrorism, rendered to Morocco and Afghanistan, tortured and then sent to Guantanamo Bay in 2004. All terror charges against him were dropped last year."

Charges were dropped.  Wouldn't be surprised if the US just created a New Terrorist.  Way to GO USA! We should hang our head in shame.

patientmama

Answer by patientmama at 12:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• did we fail to mention how many non-military were DECAPITATED OVER THERE on video.
    Anonymous

• No comparison spy how rediculous.

Yes I tell my children to stand up for themselves.

Yes I would knock a thug off if they enter the threshold of my home.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Wow. These answers are quite depressing.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009