vicks...

vicks makes a baby rub is this bad too? i never knew there was anything wrong with it.

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 12:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I USE VICKS ALL THE TIME ON MY SON. HE GETS THIS REALY BAD COUGH AND HE WILL COUGH FOR 1 HOUR STRAIGHT, I CANT USE COUGH MEDICINE CAUSE OF HIS AGE SO I USE VICKS I PUT IT ON HIS CHEST AND BACK AND BOTTOM OF HIS FEET AND COVER HIM UP REAL GOOD AND IT HELPS.
    SUMMER28

Answer by SUMMER28 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We don't use Vicks anything. People say the baby is safe... but we just avoid it. We add eucalyptus oil to a diffuser and bath water and it works a lot better than vicks for us. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• They just did a thing about this on The Doctors like last week. It is okay if your just rubbing it on the chest. Don't put it directly under the nose or on the nose. I always put it on the feet and for some reason it seems to work but they were just speaking about keeping it off the nose.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i just use the vicks in the humidfier.. i think im too afraid to put it on my little one
    Anonymous

• It is fine, just use it as directed. Don't put it on the baby's face at all, only the chest.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 10, 2009