Have you thought of what life would be....

after you left the White House? Imagine being the President's wife or even being the President if you want. You're now told to vacate the office and move on with your life. The American people have spoken and think you/your hubby did a terrible job and someone else is taking your spot after just 4 years. You still have Secret Service following you and your family. You can't take any of the gifts you were given in the White House because they belong to the government and you can no longer take vacations on the tax payer $$. You also have to start paying for your travels, etc out of your own pocket.

So what would life be like for you?

baconbits

Asked by baconbits at 2:59 PM on Oct. 23, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• id be grateful for the chance i did get and having read a lot of presidential bios...the majority are glad to be done with it all. the stress, the long nights, the traveling, the constant criticism no matter what you do...who wouldn't be a little relieved? im sure it would take me a month or two to get over losing but once those speaking arrangements started piling up i'd feel great. Clinton once said that you get a lot more done as an ex-president than you ever could get done as president...it would be freeing! history will look as favorably on Obama as it will on Bush ( if not more so unless the next pres is extremely lucky & everything magically gets fixed) so whats to fret about?!

and as first lady id be glad to just get back to our normal, pre-presidential lives...as best you can. i think i heard somewhere that Obama is done running for all political office after this election? dunno if thats true tho.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• This question reminds me of the smallest violin playing (no offense, OP).

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I would think a relief. It's a lot of stress and responsibility. And criticism. You take a few months off and then start booking your speaking engagements.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:09 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I would enjoy my 6 figure taxpayer funded pension, sell books, rack up huge speaking fees, etc.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Seriously. With the money I have what do I care?
    Oh the tax payers say you stink, that would only be if you have served one term after 2 you can't serve anymore anyway.
    I would convince myself that they simply thought the other guy was needed now.

If this is geared to get sympathy votes for Obama, I would never vote for someone because their feelings might get hurt if they lose.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:07 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I'd still be loaded so I wouldn't care.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:12 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• If I was the first lady i would be looking forward to that day. Not doing the job, but still getting the pay.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 3:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Well, I'd still have a pension and free health care. I'd be doing better than most Americans.

George Bush and Bill Clinton stil seem to be thriving, except that like all Presidents, they aged twenty years or more during their terms. Look at their before and after photos!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:57 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• He had a temp job from the beginning. They have made millions while in office from salary and the royalty on his books. I don't feel sorry for them at all. But, they knew when he was hired that it was a temp job. I wish he could have been fired sooner, but we honored our contract with him. I pray it isn't renewed.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• On the other hand I could always comeint CM an post anon about how mistreated I am. :LOL
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2012