Homestudy Q

Our kids are older and we're past outlet covers and baby gates. HOWEVER, I do still have them in storage. When we have our home study (not sure about fostering VS adopting at this point) do I put them on/up any way? Just mention we have them? I am trying to figure out all the little things like this I might be overlooking .. this came up suddenly, I thought the process would creep along at a snails pace.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2012 in Adoption

• Also, be sure to tell them what is your plan for keeping chemicals and cleaning supplies out of reach.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:31 PM on Nov. 4, 2012

• I think that pointing out that you have the safety items in the event that you need them should be enough.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2012

• From your post it isn't clear whether you are doing foster or adoption but they are two different home studies. You will need to meet different requirements for both and they usually aren't interchangeable. I did private independent adoption and my homestudy would not have been accepted for an agency or foster adoption. Make sure before you spend the time and money how you will be adopting before you get a home study done. If its for domestic infant adoption, they make sure you have room for the children, that your home is clean and really get to know all about you. They don't go through your closets or inspect your home for child safety features. Best wishes.
    lilsweetpea708

Answer by lilsweetpea708 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2012

• I don't think so
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:54 PM on Apr. 14, 2014