What do you think about this?

msnNOW homepage

File image of Ann Coulter (©Jim Bourg//Reuters)

Ann Coulter uses shocking term 'retard' to describe Obama

9 hrs ago

Ann Coulter may be the R-word’s biggest fan. The conservative pot-stirrer, who was recently taken to task for using the word “retarded” by the father of a boy with Down syndrome, once again displayed her shocking vocabulary deficiency by unleashing the term to describe President Obama during last night's presidential debate. “I highly approve of Romney’s decision to be kind and gentle to the retard,” Coulter tweeted, setting off a torrent of NSFW responses. Asked if she regretted her offensive-to-many word choice, Coulter doubled down. “The only people who will be offended are too retarded to understand it,” she told Politicker. Oh, Ann, you're so clever. [Source]

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 23, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Appalling. Just utterly appalling.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:42 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I know this will get me a whole lot of DV if we still had them, but we as a society need to grow a back bone, and tougher skin. NotUrKidsBestie had it right. Adults along with kids who have down syndrome, autism, dyslexia, or a just a bit slower then others are gonna be called a lot worse then a retard. Whatever happened to 'I'm rubber your glue' mentality? What she said wasn't right, I am not defending her by any means, and she is no better then most bullies, but its a word. It can't hurt you unless you let it hurt you. And yes I do know its easier said then done.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• She's just a mean and nasty person.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:37 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I think it was uncalled for. There are a plethora of words that can be used to describe him, but that isn't one of them.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I wouldn't call that conservative.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I dont agree with the word as an insult but if you look it up its Synonyms are backward - delayed. Since when did people start putting so much behind a word? It only has power and strength if you allow it to, you allow that by believing in it and responding to it.
    NotUrKidsBestie

Answer by NotUrKidsBestie at 7:10 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I agree with NotUrKidsBestie and Michigan-Mom. It's a word. In proper context it's a valid medical term.

As far as calling either Obama or his supporters names, I also agree that both sides are guilty. My own 'affectionate' word for him can't be spoken in mixed company, so in that sense, Ann Coulter's was the nicer choice. Shrugs. I don't like Obama as CinC. Didn't want him in the first place, and as far as the military goes he's ~ sadly ~ proven over and over again that I was right. I'm hoping he is gone sooner rather than later.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 8:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• I'm not defending her choice of words, but is it any worse than Chris Matthews calling all Romney supporters rascists? Where's the outrage about that and a host of other liberals calling conservatives all kinds of names? I'm calling for equal outrage!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• sooooo...has Sarah Palin gotten angry at her yet? oh wait...its okay when you're own ppl do it cause then its joking & all in good fun. pundits are worse scum than politicians!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Rude and sad that someone-espeicially an educated? adult has to resort to saying something like that...UGH
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2012