Did you know Gerber Baby Food is not an American Owned company?

I was very surprised to learn some of the companies that are not American owned.

http://listverse.com/2008/10/19/top-10-american-icons-that-are-not-american/

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 23, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't see why anyone would NOT buy a product that is made in another country. That is rather Xenophobic. If you like Gerber and Nestle products, why stop buying them just because they aren't made here? That's just nuts.
    How about TV's and Blu Ray Players and Computers and Cell Phones? Most of them are foreign made.
    Hey, lets just build a huge wall around the USA and not let anyone in and never let a ship dock in a port and never let them unload their shipments? Yah, that's the way to do it.
    OMG.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Just because it isn't US-owned doesn't mean it isn't US-made. Gerber employs thousands (directly or indirectly) per year in the US
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:09 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• I knew there was a reason I never used any of those products . used it once then disliked it that was dial soap. the rest never used them.
    mto3821

Answer by mto3821 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• not suprising- eventually America wont be AMERICAN owned
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• I didn't know that. I read a nice little article recently about the Gerber plant in Wisconsin, I think it was, and the pride the community feels when the air is filled with the smell of wholesome apples and carrots cooking.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:11 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• And name the things you have in your home that are american owned? is your car? how about the car parts? This isnt anything new. There are no businesses and things we buy that are "american owned".
    NotUrKidsBestie

Answer by NotUrKidsBestie at 7:13 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• doesnt surprise me, it also says it on the bottles...
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• Yup that is why I don't buy it
    tigger3itch

Answer by tigger3itch at 9:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2012

• "Huge list of American owned companies according to wiki..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companies_of_the_United_States"

But so many of them use products made in other countries. Take Disney: They have a partnership with Nestle, get products made in China. Or Dell... or Apple... parts from China. Even cell phones include components made from rare earths which are primarily mined in China. Though a potentially very productive rare earths mine opened in the US last year.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:26 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Gerber is owned by Nestle' yes? im not surprised nor do i really care all that much.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2012