Once you lost your mucus plug, how long was it before your child was born?

With my first pregnancy I lost my plug at 36 weeks and my son was born a week later at 37 weeks perfectly healthy and beautiful. With my current pregnancy I lost my plug last week at 34 weeks and now a week later I'm at 35 weeks, so I'm hoping that I'll hold out a little longer until I'm further along and the baby is ready.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I lost mine earlier each time which my midwives said was normal, about 3 weeks before I had my youngest.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Actually, I don't know when I lost mine. I looked for it, but I don't remember seeing it.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I lost mine at 25 weeks, water broke at 28 weeks, baby born at 33 weeks. Mine was gone 8 weeks, it's really not that great of an indecator of when labor will begin. My sister lost hers about 4 hours before she delivered her baby and my SIL lost hers about 2 weeks prior. Hang in there mama, hopefully that baby cooks a little longer!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I lost mine at 36 weeks after a vaginal exam, and had my son by scheduled C-section at 39 weeks because he was big and showing no signs of being anywhere close to ready to come out.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Ahh, I had never heard that you lose it earlier each time (or possibly do) so that's reassuring. I go to the OB on Friday, so I'm gonig to ask him to check me and hope that nothing is progressing yet. Other than losing the plug, I show no other signs of labor, so I'm hoping I'm safe for a little while longer.
    Anonymous

• I lost mine at 3 am wed morning and had him at 8:53 thur night I thought I was going to die
    lglorioso

Answer by lglorioso at 5:24 PM on Feb. 10, 2009