just a question

when it was warm the jahova(sp) witnesses would come over to my house.they figured out when my daughter was getting off the bus and when i woould be out side...now they are trying to get into my house...to read passages.they seem to know there stuff but are very aggressive.what are they all about????what do they believe in.i know when talking to them they sustitute jahovahs name for JESUS...

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• you can find all your answers here:

http://www.watchtower.org/

it is one of their official websites.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• politely ask them to stop coming over.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 2:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Tell them you have your own beliefs/religion and you'd like them to stop coming over.
    Anonymous

• You need to be just as aggressive.  Push back with an equal force!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:58 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Beeky is right. If you act wishy washy or show any weakness they will come back. You can be polite but firm. Tell them "I am happy with our religion" Tell them "Do not come to my house again" Waiting for you to go outside your house to try to get in is considered stalking. Do you really want to allow anyone in your house that will stoop to a criminal level ? Use a firm voice and make sure they understand you will call the police if they do not stop.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:07 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Okay, as someone that was raised a JW I can tell you that if you show any interest they are required to come back... You will need to tell them that you are not interested and that you do not want them to come back if you want them to leave you alone.

Now, as for them subtituting Jehovah for Jesus... NO they don't. They substitue Jehovah for God. They consider themselves to be in a personal relationship with God, and therefore use his actual name. Jehovah...

There beliefs are very simple. They believe in living their lives as closely to what Jesus would have done and live by the bible in every action. Now, they aren't perfect but they TRY! They feel that every moment in life is one that they can use to honor Jehovah by their actions. So while you see them as pushy they see themselves as living the way that Jesus did. He was asked to leave too, remember...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• If you have ANY other questions about JWs please feel free to PM me. I am NOT JW. In fact I'm not Christian. I was however raised JW and therefore can answer your questions from a neutral standpoint. **Or, at least I can try! LOL!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Just say this and they will get the point::: "God said to spread his Word, not shove it down our throats."
    mrschrono

Answer by mrschrono at 4:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• It's a cult - their Jehovah & Jesus are NOT THE SAME as mainline Christianity.

You should never let them in your house and remind them that it is against the law to harass people.

If possible, say this in front of witnesses since they are hanging out on the street corner waiting for you ...

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

•  I can tell you that if you show any interest they are required to come back...

They will come back no matter what. Sic the Law on them!

therefore use his actual name. Jehovah...

No one KNOWS the NAME OF GOD, that's why the Jews never write it - it's blasphemy to refer to God in any way other than I AM, LORD, and Yeshua (Jesus):  only these names have even been given out BY GOD AS HIS NAME and the NAME OF HIS ONLY SON.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009