Keeping your kids safe

How do you keep your kids safe? I know alot of you probably saw the kidnapping and murder of a 12 year old girl named Autumn Pasquale in Clayton NJ this very hard on us the town is only one township over from were we moved from in Malaga NJ and for something senseless as bike parts I told my soon to be 12 year old tomarrow in fact that she is not walking home alone from the bus stop for one thing the PA turnpike is right near our house but what do you do keep your kids safe?

MadisMomma1969

Asked by MadisMomma1969 at 9:44 AM on Oct. 24, 2012 in General Parenting

• well mine are little and they are never out of my sight and I never let them play outside alone even though I have a fenced yard.
    As they get older I will have them in an after school program where the daycare bus will pick them up and they will be there until I go pick them up. I know what's out there. My friend and I escaped a kidnapping when we were pre-teens. A car kept following us no matter where we went and when he stopped and talked to another adult and pointed at the car telling him the car was following and to call the police the car speed off fast.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• My son is 7, I never let him go places alone,, I have relented and allow him to play at the park with his friend (behind my home) I think the key is to never let them walk places play outside etc without someone there. My heart breaks for any parent that has to go through something that awful
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:05 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Here's the thing. Lets face it. None of us are really safe. So it's really all about safety in numbers. It's safer for kids to go out in groups or out with an adult. It's sad but true. It's safer for me to go to the mall with a friend or my DH even. So I don't let my (just turned 6 year old) outside alone ever. Unless it's on our deck outside the kitchen with door open with the screen.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:31 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Don't let them out of my care.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 1:27 AM on Oct. 26, 2012