Tip of the day, if you spray tan, either at a salon or do it yourself---

I am embarassed to admit that even though I sell several spray tan solutions, I never knew that some of them have a "nut" oil base, the most common is walnut oil. I had a salon spray a young lady who has a severe allergy to nuts, and she almost died!

So if you know someone who is allergic to nuts, be sure to tell them they need to ask exactly what is in the spray tan base,, who knew?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 9:47 AM on Oct. 24, 2012 in Health

• I love spray tanning, glad I don't have a nut allergy but it s very good to know this and should be posted
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Thing is if someone were to dye or almost dye you better believe there will be lawyers lining up ready to do a lawsuit. I'm sure it wont be to long till it happens.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:54 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• lol they may sue the salon or the store not to person selling it unless they are the store owner. Thats scary to think about
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:01 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• It really never crossed my mind, I think they should have some kind of warning label, but also to my surprise, they are not regulated by the FDA--
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 9:52 AM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Yikes Lost,, I sure hope they sue the company and not the person who sold it,, I feel very bad, but no where is it stated it has any nut products in it, I grabbed a bottle and sure enough about the 10th ingredient down it says walnut oil, but I can't read every bottle of everything I sell or I would never sell anything,, LOL
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Oct. 24, 2012