frustrated

im so upset right now- my dr schedules my appts every 3 weeks- 3 wks ago i made an appt for today (which is supposed to be the day we find out if its a boy or girl!) and when i called to double check the time of my appt the stupid receptionist told me i wasnt on any lists for today- now i might not be able to get my u/s until another 3 wks from now- and instead of a morning appt (which is better for me cause i only have to tag along one child instead of 3) now i have to wait til 430- also i found the card with the appt time on it and called them back telling them that i was scheduled for 11 and the lady says oh well the doc isnt gonna be in until 2 and im like well why would u give me an appt for 11 then if hes not gonna be in until 2 and shes like well i dont know! i dont know- im just venting- but has anyone else loved there ob gyn but wanted to strangle the receptionists? and wut did u do, or wut would u do in my situation

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Always call back sometimes a different person picks up the phone or call back everyday to see if there was a cancellation
    NicksMom11385

Answer by NicksMom11385 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Sounds like they don't have it together in the office. When your pregnant it is the most exciting time of your life especially the ultrasounds. You look forward to them to make sure everything is going smoothly and to see how your baby has grown. I had a docter that did that to me in my first 2 trimesters and eventually I got so irritated I was forced to find another docter. BUT it was well worth it. This docter I go to gets me in right away and gives me an ultrasound every month. I am so happy I finally found another docter. It might worry you to change docters but what happens if he dont come to deliver? you need to find someone who understands you better and is more professional. your docter should not make you wait. good luck
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• ur right faithsmom27 but thing is i love this dr- hes the best doc ive had with any of my pregnancies- but its his staff that bugs me- this doc will sit there for an hour and listen to and resolve any problem or fear i have if need be- but his staff wont even fax me paperwork when i need it even though there wont be any patients in the office- they just sit there filing their nails- ugh i cant stand them but i would hate to leave my doc just because of them
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i would have should up there at 11 and told them tuff shit you are seeing me today
    Anonymous

• Same situation with my OB. LOVE HIM, cannot wait to be pregnant just to see him lol. But his new nurse is the devil. I am writting him a letter to know that she has complelty ruined my experience this time around and that she is damaging his practice. I don't know what it will do other than make me feel better. Good luck, and be tough. Some staff have an I"m better than you attitude and you just have to be a jerk and demand what you need. lol.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009