Why can't the government just let whatever is going to fail; fail?

The airlines go bankrupt all the time. No one bails them out. So, why is the government insisting on bailing out the banks and auto industries? just let everything fall flat, and re-build. I think it would it would make America stronger!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• “The average American is suffering. All because higher ups misspend money.” You are so right, which is why I am so against this bill. More “higher ups” misspending money, in this case it’s our own government.

“What about the rest of this country?”
    western New York is down the crapper. But we were there before this hit, this is just making it worse.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I dont know I wish theyd let businesses fail that are failing. Thats what always happened in the past.

Answer by gemgem at 1:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Because that would not fit into the soclialistic agenda

remember they want CHANGE never really specified WHAT change.
    Anonymous

• Well, with what you're saying, it's usually maybe one airline at a time...not five. Same thing with the auto industry. It's usually one and not five. I think it would be kind of hard to build things back up if EVERYTHING WAS FAILING.
    Anonymous

• No it wouldnt be hard they (govt democratic liberals) want you to THINK its bad and wont rebuild. There are plenty of other airlines out there that would just grow bigger if the biggest ones failed. Banks, same thing plenty of small ones who would grow larger, auto industry same thing. The world isnt ending were just going to be forced to keep failing businesses open by paying added taxes.
    Anonymous

• Ford hasn't asked for a bailout.I give them respect for that
    Anonymous

• If Ford didn't ask for anything... yet; then why can't the "government" give them a check and let them bail out Chrysler or GM?
    Anonymous

• i think the smaller companies should be allowed to buy the bigger companies a little bit here and there; then the big greedy guys could fall flat on their faces and sit in the mud!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• 10% of jobs in the U.S. have something to do with the auto industry. If that industry goes under, the ENTIRE economic system in this company will crash worse than it did during the Great Depression.
    Anonymous

• They gave all that money to GM to save jobs they just announced they are now laying off 10k people. They could have done this a few months ago and saved tax payers money. So ridiculous. So glad Carter was elected OOPS I mean Obama.eye rolling

Anonymous