What is the highest quality commercial baby formula?

And to those that who will chime in and say breast milk. I am not asking that!

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• All formula in the USA have to meet minimum standards of the FDA. Every child is different. Just because one is the most highly refined doesn't mean it will settle with your little one well. My SIL put my nephew on this crazy high priced formula and he could not keep it down. What eventually worked best for him was Parents' Choice. It's roulette. You choose and take the chance.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• The FDA requires that all baby formulas have certain levels of vitamins and minerals. There's no one formula that is better than another...it's about what's best for your baby.
    Anonymous

• most formula no matter the brand all have the same nutrional value in them. so i dont know that one is better then the other some babies just do better on some. My dr told me they are all the same for the most part. If you ask wic they will tell you similac or atleast they do here in my state but now when my son was born 7years ago it was Enfamil lol so who knows.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i'm not really sure for commercial, but I know that if for whatever reason your FF as opposed to BF, you can make formula out of goats milk or buy goats milk formula (meant for babies of course) and it is supposed to be almost identicle to human breastmilk. Afterall, cows have 4 stomachs and humans do not. I don't really think any one cows/soy milk formula is better than the other because all babies react differently. I've never heard of a baby not tollerating goats milk formula.

I have been told by midwifes and pedis that Goat milk is lacking in sufficient amounts of folic acid and iron. If you choose to use goat milk.....get a liquid iron supplement.

Goat's Milk Formula

2 c. raw certified goat's milk 1 cup distilled water 1 1/2 Tbs.. lactose sugar 1/8 tsp. cod liver oil, mint flavored, the Vitamin D helps the baby absorb the calcium and the mint aids in digestion
    You can also add blackstrap moleasses for vitamins
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:02 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I would try enfamil first, then similac. Just My Opinion.
    Anonymous

• I like to use similac advance with dha and ara!
    Anonymous

• "Goat's milk formula" is strongly recommended AGAINST by most pediatricians! It is no where near the same as formula OR breast milk.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I am staying away from goats milk.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My friend says her DD loves simalc soy
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• enfamil is my opinion
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009