Signs of labor BEFORE labor

I feel a bit like a dummy on this one (the reason I am anon), but I wasn't allowed to go into labor with my daughter. This pregnancy has been 100% different.
I see a Dr. tomorrow, so I will be asking them and am not really looking for medical advice. I just want to see what other people have been through and if it is possible I am close to labor.
I've been extremely restless for a couple days now. To top it off I am having a rough time sleeping, I have had a lot of Braxton Hicks lately that are just increasing in intensity (never more than just a couple in an hour) and I am having loose stools. Baby is still moving quite a bit, but I can feel him pretty low. I lost my mucous plug last week, which I know isn't always a sign of anything because it regenerates. My appetite is kind of disappearing as well. Anyone else experience this and have labor start shortly after or was it just another part of the pregnancy joys?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Oct. 24, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you are getting REALLY close, IMO... I had back pain along with your symtoms stated above and I just "knew".
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:49 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• I am 33-34 weeks pregnant.

I have awful insomnia, am restless, getting tons of BH, baby moving tons, but haven't noticed any mucus plug business.

Sounds like we have the same symptoms but I'm not due for another month and a week. So it's hard to say if any of those are actual symptoms of labor. I didn't have anything weird happen with my first- i just got real pregnant then my water broke.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:13 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Thank you for replying. :) I do have a little bit of lower back pain and hip pain, but I have had that most of my pregnancy, so I haven't thought much about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:14 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• With my daughter I didnt have any of that except losing my plug over a few week period and then at 40 w 6 d my water broke at home. With my son I started having braxton hicks at about 34 weeks and they would get strong and I could time them, so I got checked out and nothing lol. I had lower back pain, contractions (braxton hicks), loose stools, restlessness, loss of appetite for about 2 weeks before I actually went into labor. On my due date I had my 40 week check up and was only 1 cm and 50% effaced which doesnt really mean anything until your actually in labor. But I had none of the "symptoms" I was having before that whole day. Then a few hours later, I got this really weird feeling in my belly which didnt feel like a contraction or anything, lasted a few mins then went away. At 8 pm I started what I thought was braxton hicks. 2am woke up with contractions and bloody show. He was born the next day at 7:20pm
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:42 PM on Oct. 24, 2012