Does your LO use a pacifier? How often do they and how old is your LO?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• heuses i mostly when he goes to sleep or finds it and pits it in his mouth.He is 11mths old.I guess its time to break him, but they work so good lol!
    Anonymous

• My 17 month old twins use them when sleeping, sick, or in the car. We hide them the rest of the time.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i have two teens that never used one when they were babies. when i got pregnant again i swore that this one wouldn't have one either,but unfortunately they give them to them in the hospital. it wasn't hard to break her though i had it off of her when she was like two or three months. i dont like them and i am not saying this about everyone so dont get allll steamed but i have seen alot of mothers use them cuz they are lazy and dont want to have to deal with the crying.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my daughter is 7 months old and she has taken a pacifier since she was born. She has to have it to fall asleep for bedtime & naptime. But she only likes certain kinds...like the MAMS with the wider nipples...she is picky lol
    Mrs.Loeffel

Answer by Mrs.Loeffel at 2:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• She is three weeks old and she only uses it with daddy. For some reason she will not take it with me.

We want her to sleep with one since it reduces the risk of SIDS.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• she is 8 months old and has just begun to really use it, she used to use it just for sleep and naps but here recently since she has started solids she wants it more oh and teething terribly...she cut the bottom two at i think 5 months and the top two are coming at the same time!!!! Lord help me
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My forst born took to one from the beginning and used it all the time until she was about 8 months old. It kept her happy, made traveling easy and kept her from putting everything else in her mouth as a crawler. Fom 8 months on it was only used for sleeping and was kept in her crib. At 16 months we took it away and she had trouble falling asleep that first night but was fine by the next bedtime.

My #2 and #3 absloutely refused one, despite my efforts early on. Both also refused bottles.

2pink1blue

Answer by 2pink1blue at 2:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My dd is 5 months and uses one to sleep, in the car and at really fussy time around dinner. I plan to take it away at a year if she is still using it then.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My 5-month old was given one at the hospital but after that he won't take them and I am so glad!
    Anonymous