red eye what is it

I woke up this morning with my left eye red but it does not itch or hurt I went to the doctor she said I might have pink eye she gave me drops for it I been taking them every four hours what can it be

Toya2784

Asked by Toya2784 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 24, 2012 in Health

• I've had a really bad sinus infection before that caused the goopy flaming red eyes. They did not hurt. I went to the urgent care (it was on a weekend day of course) and after putting drops in my eyes and checking it with an ultraviolet light to make sure I hadn't scratched it they told me it was pink eye. Gave me an Rx. Pharmacy said the drops would sting. They didn't. I had asked at the urgent care if my sinus infection could cause this and she said no. Problem subsided but sinus infection didn't. Went to family Dr. that told me that I did not have pink eye, but that the sinus infection had caused it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:09 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• My friend had what Quinnmae had, only serious issue was she lost vision in one eye for almost a week. She was given steroid drops and had alot of tests done, but they still do not know what it is. Her vision is back, sometimes the other eye gets really red so she has steroid drops for both eyes.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:37 PM on Oct. 24, 2012