Did your employer give you the cold shoulder after returning from maternity leave?

My employer is making it difficult for me to go back to work, almost doing anything possible so I won't want to return.

It seems that they don't want me anymore now that I have responsibility outside of work.

Anyone ever have this happen to them?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:16 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• No. I did not expect special treatment when I came back because I was a mom either. I did my job the best I could and my husband and I split being home if our child needed to go to the doctor. We also had a nanny so we could work when our child had an illness.
    Anonymous

• Oh no! My job is awesome and my employers are great! I'm sorry you're job is hassling you. I'd definately look for another job if possible. Some people just don't understand that it's possible to have a baby and a job. Some think you will be out all the time so why come back, etc.
    Anonymous

• This job, no it has been fine. I even go promoted the day I got back!!

But my last job, first baby, the boss hated me for taking a leave and made it miserable for me when i returned. i am sorry you are going through it.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:31 AM on Feb. 11, 2009