This fluid in my ear is driving me bat $h!t crazy!

The decongestants are doing nothing. Neither is the antihistamine. how long can it be there before I need to see a doctor. It has been 4 days. It is really bad in the morning then it eases off by evening but it is full again in the morning. I am elevating my head at night to prevent it but it is doing not good at all. ugh! There is no pain except when it pops during the morning as it drains a bit but it s driving me batty for my ear to be stuffed up! Is there anything a doctor could even do about it??

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:40 PM on Oct. 24, 2012 in Health

• Is it from allergies or do you think you might have an ear infection? Is there any pain at all?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:47 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• OOps, disregard the pain question, sorry.
    Mrs_Prissy

• lol From a cold. I am still stuffy but it is getting better... the ear is bothering me more than anything. the cold meds take care of the stuffy nose fine!
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Hmm. Have you tried lying your ear on a heating pad on low? Sometimes that really helps loosen thing up so that when you wake in the morning it isn't so congested.

The doctor could prescribe you a stronger decongestant but I've never had a lot of luck with them. However, it may be just the ticket for you.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:04 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• I have been doing a heating pad some hoping for it to help. I admit I have not tried it in the last two days... I will give it another go I guess.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 10:26 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• Yeah try it for the entire night and see if you get any relief from that. I hope you feel better soon
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:28 PM on Oct. 24, 2012

• sorry momma!!! Hugs
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 11:18 PM on Oct. 24, 2012