My daycare bailed on me. What to do?

8 months ago I set up professional daycare for my daughter, she is now born and scheduled to start daycare in three weeks but my daycare just told me that they cannot take her now.

This is after notifying them 8 months ago and them agreeing to it.

What can I do, if anything?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 2:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think ther isnt anything you can do with the old day care. I think as a big of a pain it is you ahve to start over and look againfor Day cares. I know with the econamy my day care and friends Day cares have opening because of parents loosing jobs. SO there should be some opening is Good daycares you feel comfortable with out there. Did you pay a registration fee to the origional daycare you had chosen?
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well, if you had signed their contract and put down a deposit, they owe you your deposit back. If they refuse, then you can take them to court over the deposit. If you didn't sign anything or didn't put down a deposit, then there's nothing you can do and you need to find another place.
    Anonymous

• Well, maybe some other parents have been faster than you.

^^^Thats not suppose to be harsh or mean. Dont get me wrong. But 8 months is such a long time. 8 months ago you were like 3 or 4 months pregnant?! Please correct me if im wrong.

If you didnt sign any kind of contract with them, then there is probably nothing you can do about it. There probably have been families who needed and paid for the daycare before you.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009