push presents?

should hubby give a gift to u for having gone through 9 months of pregnancy and then delivering his baby- wut do u think? and wut do u consider an appropriate gift? also- if he is mindless and doesnt think to get u something- do u get mad? wut do u do? -just for fun-

lovelyli217

Asked by lovelyli217 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i told him i wanted a push gift even though i was having a c-section. i want a mothers ring, and im really hoping that i get one( i am giving birth 12 days before mothers day)
    bo_mama

Answer by bo_mama at 1:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2009

• I think it is a nice gesture, and I was disappointed when I didn't get one. But I wouldn't say I was mad at him. Also, I would rather my husband be a great husband and father, which he is. And he is grateful to me for carrying his child and he lets me know that in other ways.I think a great gift is a piece of jewelry with the child's birthstone personally.
    hilary1122

Answer by hilary1122 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think "push presents" are for people who have nothing better to do with their money. I don't expect a gift from my husband after giving birth. But I do expect him to help out with the baby...changing diapers, doing laundry, cooking dinner, etc...
    Anonymous

• I think flowers are a good gift.It shows they appreciate you and what you have done for yalls family.Although my mom was the one who got me flowers!It kinda hurt my feelings, but i was so busy with my new lil man that I got over it!He was my gift ya know!
    Anonymous

• My husband got me roses and choc covered strawberries for babies #1 & #2. For baby #3, he got me a 3 carat, 3 stone ring because we were done at 3 kids. Anyway, after I got my ring with 3 diamonds for 3 kids, I found out I was pregnant with baby # 4!!! It was nice to get gifts from him like that, but, if I hadn't gotten anything I wouldn't have thought anything about it because I am just so blessed that he's the best father any child could ever have and that means more than anything in the world to me.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I don't see the point. You get a baby out of the deal. What better present could you ask for?
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I'd rather spend the money on things needed for baby than a present for me.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think a small gift or flowers are a nice idea, but only if they went natural w/out drugs...that really deserves something special.
    Anonymous

• my hubby got me flowers with all of my births- each with its own beautiful vase
    Anonymous

• What a silly thing!!!!

If you don't have the baby - you don't get anything?

Waste of money.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009