Swear Jar.. Is it a good idea or dumb?

Hello moms :).. My fiance came up with the idea of having a swear jar. Our daughter is 20 months old and is starting to copy cat everything people say. There is a lot of cursing going on with the men folks that come around here and my fiance thought it'd be a great idea to start a swear jar. I thought it was a good idea and kind of funny but i think it'd be helpful too! $0.50 to a $1 (we havent decided yet) for each word spoken in the house or in front of our daughter. Even us. What do you think?

cmtj2011

Asked by cmtj2011 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 25, 2012 in Just for Fun

• Could be a great idea, just know that some people won't go along with it. It might help you guys to remember to curb your tongue though!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:57 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• We have a swear jar too! It's 50 cents per bad word. Half the time, I owe the jar more than anyone. In fact, there are back payments being made. Some people come over and just automatically put a few bucks in the jar and ask how much that will buy them. So, it's not totally working out but...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:13 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• I say go for it! It is not ridiculous at all. My aunt started that while we were growing up.We called ours the cuss jar.Think
    we charged .10- .25 for each cuss word.I remember I had a few payments to contribute! It is trial and error type thing!
    Good Luck!!
    momw2teens522

Answer by momw2teens522 at 7:52 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Would be a great way for us to save money.. and fast too!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:53 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• It works for alot of families. Worth a try! Good luck.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 25, 2012