Meal ideas for an almost 18 month old?

What should I feed her? What should I stay away from?

Asked by GothyMama at 7:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My lo is 21mo, at 18 mo she was eating pretty much anything. Anything that she liked that is. Just cut everything into small pieces to avoid choking. I also avoid foods that may be too spicy.

Some of my lo favs are nuggets, mac n cheese, pizza, grapes, cereal, pancakes, cheeseburgers, grilled cheese, soups, kid cuisines, ravioli, applesauce, diced peaches, green beans, corn, carrots, turkey, etc...

Answer by HannahEsmommy at 7:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Every child is different. By the time my son was 18mo. he was eating everything as long as it was cut up.

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• they say to stay away from hot dogs because kids can't swallow the skin on them at that age. my son loved carrots as a snack food and they were good for him. i used to buy a lot of the gerber foods that you usually find in the baby food area. they have like little ravioli type things with cheese in them, or sauce and they don't make a mess. my son loved them

Answer by scraig505 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Green beans,macarooni and cheese,steamed carrots that are soft evough for him to chew. any soft fruits.

Answer by Allene29 at 12:35 PM on Jul. 11, 2008