why is someone else that smokes in same house as pregnant woman unsafe for baby?

Alicia S.

Asked by Alicia S. at 5:34 AM on Oct. 25, 2012 in Health

• Because second hand smoke is incredibly harmful and since the mother breathes it in it can affect the baby.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:37 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• because of second hand smoke. it is just as bad as smoking.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:58 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• You have never heard that second hand smoke is bad????

Answer by louise2 at 6:46 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Second hand smoking is about as bad as smoking directly (Of all cancer caused by smoking, 30% of lung cancer are due to second hand smoking here. Very high rate !)
    ajc03

Answer by ajc03 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Really?? How could it NOT be bad????
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 6:54 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Because that yellow brown orange gunk that covers everything in thus housekeeper full of carsonogens... that same word used to describe asbestos and other harmful particles... the person who use to live where I live before he died smoked in the house for 30 years. The shot seeps through the paint, has stained my cabinets my fridge and I still cant gert all of the tar slime off the windows... when any one is in the room they are being hotboxed with the stuff and coated. We absorbed a lot through our skin too
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 7:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Second hand smoke is just as dangerous as smoking the cigarette. I got cancer from second hand smoke when I was 14, but that's only one reason not to smoke around your children and unborn children.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:31 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• you should also be aware that the nicotine that is on smokers can also affect your baby once born (think of all the medicines now available in patch form... skin takes in chemicals).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• OK, Smoke = Poison. Pregnant Mother inhales poison smoke, goes to baby in her belly = sick baby when born.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:32 AM on Oct. 25, 2012