When did you stop burping your baby???

shauna9909

Asked by shauna9909 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my DD is 19 months old and sometimes i still burp her. when she is eating something and sitting on my lap or drinking something. i usually pat her back. i think thats a habit. haha
    the more she burps, the better. all this air has to come out before it will start bothering her :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• 5 months he burps on his own i still try
    Lauren2008

Answer by Lauren2008 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Once they are crawling and more mobile then you will hear them burp themselves.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Generally burping stops between 4 - 9 mos. depending on the child. If you notice the baby is fussy, spitting up or having problems due to gas then start burping again. Changing burping positions helps too. If you burp the baby upright on your shoulders you could change to the baby sitting on your lap or a combonation during each session.
    CloverE

Answer by CloverE at 2:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My DD is 7mos and I still burp her.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• When they no longer sucked on a bottle.

Answer by Bmat at 2:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My DS is 6 months old and I try my hardest to still burp him but he just wont he's to active. So he burps eventually but I woiuld do it as long as your child will alow you to cause if not they may not burp til it's to late and they are fussy and their tummy hurts.
    Anonymous

• Around 4 or 5 months, when he started burping on his own. All I had to do was sit him up and he'd burp, so I figured I didn't have to do anything anymore. That's the only sign I know to look for as far as when you don't have to burp them anymore - if they do it on their own.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009