DD doesnt eat lunch.

My daughter, 14 months, has not eaten lunch @ all for the past month. I make her things that I know she loves, I feed her the same time every day. But she wont eat it anymore. She eats a good breakfast and a good dinner. But in the middle of the day she will only eat a snack here and there (pretzels, whole wheat crackers, peice of toast, banana.) Is this okay for her? I worry that she isnt eating 3 meals a day.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter went through that phase when she was 15 months old just wanted snacks then about 17 months she was back to eating lunches she is now a little over 2 1/2 and has her days when she eats all three meals but she also has more days where she eats breakfast a very small lunch if at all and the eats dinner with us and she is fine. I dont think its good to force a child to eat if they dont want to
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 2:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Well, I don't know but I can tell you my son just turned one two days ago and has been the same way. Great breakfast, great dinner. Lunch is crackers, pretzels, or fruit. I finally got him to eat some days by giving him the Graduate meals. That's pretty much all I could get to work.
    mrs_k_sarnik

Answer by mrs_k_sarnik at 2:53 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• it's normal . my kid that for awhile... til all her teeth came in. Now she is an eating machine at 21 mos. old .
    Lizard1970

Answer by Lizard1970 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• All that matters is that she's getting all the calories she needs for the day, it doesn't have to be split up a certain way. My 19-month-old, for instance, eats a huge breakfast (more than I normally eat), nibbles some during the day, eats about a toddler-sized dinner, and that's enough for him; he's growing appropriately and all that. For visualization purposes, if you take everything she eats throughout the day and split it up into 4 meals (or 3 meals and a snack), as long as it's about right for a toddler (toddlers need about 1/4 of what adults need) she's doing fine.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009