In laws and hubby

Okay here is the thing. My hubby myself and my daughter went to the inlaws this past weekend. While we were there I noticed my MIL trying to feed my DD from her plate. Now mind you I have told my hubby I do not want her eating from ANYONE that is germs. Well my dd rejects. My hubby sees it says nothing.

She gives her a popsicle I catch my BIL eating from it, I snatch it right be4 my dd put it back in her mouth. Next day we get home my dd wakes up with a runny nose and a cough. I was like okay. Day after a fever and congestion. This morning a COLDSORE!!! She 2!!

My thing is I told my hubby to tell his fam not to feed her or kiss her in her mouth!! Period Now Im pissed!! Do you think that I should tell my inlaws myself cuz it seems hubby ain't saying a damn thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• continued. Mindyou she does not go to daycare and is nver around anyone other than me n my hubby and all of sudden when they feed her their food n stuff she gets sick!!!
    Anonymous

• I highly doubt she got sick from them that fast. It usually takes like 3 days to show symptoms after being exposed to something. She could have gotten it anywhere. I'm assuming that she does leave the house sometimes with you 2.
    Anonymous

• no she doesnt when i go places its unless i had to.!!! n in the last two weeks THATs theONLTY place shes been but that not my point. my point is she is not supposed to be eating off of ohters food and she knows it so why dont they.
    Anonymous

• Personally I think that you are alittle too much. Trust me I am a germ person...I will not touch certain things..I agree with the poster above, your daughter was on her way to becoming sick before she even got to your MIL's. If DH won't do it then why not try..if it was my family they would shake their head and do it again. It is your daughters grandmother and uncle...they love her...and I will bet they will just keep doing it when you are not looking.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:05 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I've gone through the same thing with my husband! If he won't tell them you must! It won't be pretty, but you gotta take action!
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 3:06 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• What the hell are you peoples problem. It f#@%en germs from your MOUTH!!! The most germ infested place in your body. SERIOUSLY!!! You mean to tell me that if your child was eating from someone else you wouldnt trip!!! And as far as the comment about they feed her wehn Im not looking ain't gonna happen. She doesn't go over there unless Mommy is with her and trust I do watch her.
    Anonymous

• Thank you Momma2beauties. I knew there were some sanity on this site!!
    Anonymous

• Don't post a question if you can not handle not hearing what
    you want to hear..
    I get the germ thing..I also get the fact that it is your MIL and your childs uncle, not a stranger.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 3:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• OP- are you more upset about your LO getting sick or your in-laws disrespecting your wishes?

I would first have your DH talk to them. If your DH won't talk to them, I would let him know that you will not be going over to their home until 1) he talks to them 2) they can respect your wishes.  

If he does talk to them , I would only go over there 1 more time, if they start to give your LO food from their plate or what not, let them know that you don't want your LO eating from other people's plate. If they still refuse to respect your wishes, inform your DH that you and your LO are leaving, then pack up and leave.

It sounds like you have more of a DH problem than a IL problem. They wouldn't do what they were doing if your DH set boundaries with them.

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:25 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Germs?

Um - they are everywhere.

I agree - this is DH problem and not IL.

And lighten up - unless you actually have a bubble you're going to keep her in. Aren't you going to let her get dirty? Climb trees? Play in mud?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009