How much harder is 2 kids than 1?

I have a one year old and am pregnant with my second. I have have heard that it is much harder and I have also heard that it is easier! (I can't imagine how it could be) What is the hardest thing about adding a second child?

jacy3031

Asked by jacy3031 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i have a two children two years 19 days apart and i think the hardest thing for me so far has been the jelousy factor my daughter even in the hospital told be to leave my son there and hit him. But at home if i am holding him or my Husband is she wants to be with that person with time it is getting better but there are still times that she wants to be the baby change me or pick me up but to me that was the hardest thing to deal with especially at first.
    shames85

Answer by shames85 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Aww, honey. Deep breathe. You want honest? Sometimes it's harder and sometimes it's easier. How's that for helpful? Seriously, my kids are 27 months part. Today they are 6 and 4 years old. There are days when dealing with two of them is enough to make me wonder if I have to be committed. There were days with a toddler and a newborn I wasn't sure sanity was a distant memory. BUT, having two kids, especially two close in age, is an amazing gift for *me* and them. I have a boy and a girl - and they adore each other. They are best friends even though they can fight like cats and dogs. With one kid, I was the only play friend in the house for long stretches. With two? They can amuse each other for hours. They comfort each other. They teach each other. It's amazing to watch. When I see my DD look up to her big brother with those big blue eyes and say "I love you so much Brubee", holy cow. My heart goes to mush.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:27 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I've got 5 kids. 16,15,13,2,&1. You'll do fine.
    Cal311

Answer by Cal311 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Don't panic : ) I have 2 kids 18 months apart & if it was all that bad I wouldn't be expecting my 3rd! lol I will be honest with you, that it does take a while to build your mommy confidence w/ 2 but you soon will and you will be wondering what your mommy friends are complaining about that only have 1 kid! The key I found is in the baby gear- finding good quality 2 kid items like strollers and stuff that make your life easier : ) My gear is what keeps me organized and happily sane. Having a good sense of humor and a health dose of patience goes a long way too. My kids a boy & a girl are best buddies- of course they have their moments- but all of us do, adults included. They love one another, play well together and miss one another when apart. You are going to be fine! Just expect a little adjustment period in the beginning thats all : ) Congrats!
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:54 PM on Feb. 10, 2009