Too attached to Momma?

From birth this DD has been a Momma's girl. I have pretty much never held her and had her cry. She is EBF but is 11 months old now and eats 3 solid meals a day and takes a cup so I should be able to leave her for a few hours and KNOW she is fine.

The problem is she gives whomever I've left her with such grief when I'm gone that it hardly makes it worth my while to leave her (I'm a SAHM). Sometimes she refuses all foods, sometimes she refuses to sleep, sometimes both. Poor DH can't even really put her to bed. She just screams for "ma-ma" until she passes out on his shoulder.

Any suggestions? It's actually getting worse as she gets older (at least the bedtime ordeal).

2pink1blue

Asked by 2pink1blue at 3:01 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest daughter was like yours. Was not able to leave her with anyone. She 9your daughter)will grow out of it. Don't fret. One day you wont even be able to  get her to sit in the same roome with you.

Answer by louise2 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My son was the same at 11 months. He grew out of it, they always do. He's now 23 months and hasn't been that way in a while.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009