Im not sure if i want to continue to be a tastefully simple consultant, whats a girl to do?

i have been a consultant for 2 years. its ok but having inhome tating parties is like pulling someones teeth out. i would love to continue because i love being a consultant buts im not prospering. im not sure if i coninue or just give up. i always give up on things all the time and im getting annoyed with myself about it.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 25, 2012 in Food & Drink

• I am only good at finding good sales, so direct sales has never worked for me.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• It's been 2 years - I wouldn't call that "giving up." If you can clearly see that sales are declining, or you can just tell that the profit isn't worth the effort you have to put into it, that's not giving up. That's being realistic and admitting that perhaps your efforts would be better invested in something else.

But if you're not ready to throw in the towel just yet - do you have contact with other consultants for the company? If you do, I'd talk with some of the more successful ones and see if they have any tips or tricks that they can share with you that might help you do better. If you have the ability to plan sales/discounts/etc, maybe offer some kind of deal that would entice people to book a party. Offer a discount on orders placed at the party - and tell them it ends when the party does. Time limits can often prompt people to buy when they wouldn't otherwise.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• I tried Avon and about 3 months in- I had to stop. It was costing more than I was making...due to people ordering stuff then not paying when it came in. *this was years ago-not sure if it works the same now

I'd say- that if you've been at it that long and not making money- quit. It isn't werving much of a purpose for you
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:47 AM on Oct. 25, 2012

• If you are not sure if you want to give up just yet, give yourself a goal and a timeline. For example, say 3-4 months from now, you would like to have x amount of sales. Give it your all. Look for new markets and not just home parties. Call a local business, such as a hair salon to see if you can set up a sample table from 11-2. Give out samples and your business card. Chances are you will get a few orders from that. If after you set amount of time, you are satisfied that you have tried what you could and want to quit then quit, but if you have rejuvenated your passion for the business again, then keep setting goals and have fun.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• i dont hate tastefully simple i actually love it.
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 2:00 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Catalog parties, mystery host parties, pair up with another consultant & provide the food for her silpada party or whatever. Look for vendor shows, home shows, do a fundraiser.....
    Attend your trainings or meetings, speak to your upline or your corporate staff, look for tips and tricks in other direct sales groups on Facebook, etc.

Good luck!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:34 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• whats amystery host partygalanne?
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 2:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• I could never do that.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• It won't all fit here... I'll PM you.
    Have you reached out to your upline (the person who recruited you) or your corporate staff? They should be training you on this stuff so you can build and maintain your business. I guess maybe I'm just fortunate to work for a company that gives me such amazing tools!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:23 AM on Oct. 26, 2012