Thoughts on this recipe, please.

http://jujugoodnews.com/taco-pasta-bake/

Sorry for the lack of clicky on this iPad. This recipe calls for cooking the pasta and running cold water over it after its done.

It's not a cold noodle dish. I never run water over pasta unless it's served cold. Do you?

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 2:14 PM on Oct. 25, 2012 in Food & Drink

• Yes, I do the same to noodles for a cold dish.

This recipe is not my style though - made me cringe. I'd mix it up with sliced corn tortillas & bake it.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:18 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• nope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• I have, although not always. Rinsing it in cold water stops the cooking process and also rinses away any starchy residue from boiling.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:19 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Thanks Meooma for the clicky.

Finger is good. No more bleeding since I took idaryou's advice on the bandaging. Thanks for asking.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• I've made something similar before. I only run under cold water if I have a recipe that tells me to do so.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Running cold water cools the pasta and stops it from further cooking and. Causes it to firm up rather than squish and go soggy
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 2:21 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• I plan on tweaking it with turkey, homemade taco seasoning and non fat cream cheese.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Maybe you should put some WHOOPA GANDAM SAR on it!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• Rotfl again, Staci.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Oct. 25, 2012

• My take: rinsing in cold water will stop the cooking (plus if you're going to bake it you don't want the pasta quite done) and you can use the same pot to cook round 2. What would I do instead? Cook the saucy part in 1 pan, cook the pasta til it's almost done then drain & mix with the sauce, and pour into a casserole (I apologize, I didn't actually look all the way through, I'm just assuming it gets baked from seeing the picture). I never rinse pasta, not even for salad.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:53 PM on Oct. 25, 2012