Twins Question

Why are twins typically delivered via c-secton way before their due date?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Not all twins are c-section and not all are before the due date. It depends on the mom, and how the twins are positioned.
    I had the wonderful opportunity to watch a twin birth vaginally when I was in nursing school
    They do however prepare for a c-section just incase.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:19 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• not all the time me and my sister were born by c-section on our due date i think but it depends we were c-section because my sister decided she was going to come out butt first
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• They go c-section because one twin is not usually lined up to be birthed vaginally. And a lot of twins are carried full term. It all depends on what the mother's body can tolerate.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• well most multiple births don't carry to term naturally anyways. As for the c section I'm sure there is a medical reason for it.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• They don't always go c-section. It depends on the lay of the babies...especially the first one. If it's breech, they'll section.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:18 PM on Feb. 10, 2009