who has a IUD?

so im woundering who has a IUD? how long have you had it? what kind is it?
im thinking this is the birthcontrole i want after my baby is born but iv heard some bad things plus im thinking cant my skin start to grow over it if its in to long? I dont know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Health

• I have the paraguard (copper) IUD. It can be in up to 10 years. With all IUDs you might be crampier or heavier or lighter for the first year. It is a foreign device, so as with anything there ARE risks, but small. The doctor putting it in will tell you all the risks. Since mine is non hormonal, it didn't affect my breast feeding and has less potential side effects, where as the other does and can only be in for 5 years I think. Yea, the potential risks can be scary, but they rarely happen. Seriously, get an EXPERIENCED doctor and you will probably be fine. The biggest risk in a possible pregnancy or ectopic preg, which is low. I like mine so far, though!
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had Mirena which was fine except it almost ruptured my uterus. Not trying to scare you. It is different for everyone. I"m on the shot now and I love it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 5:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have mirena, it works for up to 5 years. I haven't had any problems with it, I'd suggest that.
    b_pacheco

Answer by b_pacheco at 12:49 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I have a Mirena. I've had it for about 2 months and I wish I had never gotten it. If I could go back, I would have gone to a different doctor, the health department or Planned Parenthood and gotten the copper one (Paraguard, I think?). Almost immediately after getting my Mirena, my breastmilk started drying up, even though Mirena, being a progestin only birth control method, is not supposed to generally effect it. I was one of those unlucky few that had problems with it. I was and am devastated. I wanted to bf until she was at least 1.5. I didn't have it removed because I couldn't afford to (it was going to cost around $200 to have it removed and we don't have the money).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2009