If anyone is on the Marina (sorry don't kno how to spell it...new T shaped birth control) PLZ answer!!

Im on the Marina IUC birth controll. I got it put in on October 31st. My doc said give it like 2months or so (with in that time he said i'll pri bleed irregularly or spot) till i get back on schedule. N then it will make my periods eather disapeare completley or be light n short. Well i've been bleeding for almost 3weeks now!! Not heavey or anything...more like real REAL light (its almost like spotting when your pregnant..only its all the time!!). I don't want to do anyother birth controll, but if this is just how its gunna be i don't want it anymore!!
So my ? is...is this normal bleeding? or should i call the doc? N if it is normal..when will it end!!??

kylie_2008

Asked by kylie_2008 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I actually got Mirana put in the same day you did! I bleed like that sometimes a day or 2 after I have sex, so you probably aren't pregnant.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:48 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Have you expressed your concerns to your Dr.?
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I had it for awhile. You can bleed constantly sometimes. Also, it takes up to 6-9 months for your bleeding to be under control.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009