What are good foods to start my 10 month old son on?

My son has already had bannas, crackers, cheeroies, and chicken nuggets at daycare . . . What are some other finger foods that I can start trying to give and that are safe?

Corbynsmama12

Asked by Corbynsmama12 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmmm....at that age we were already feeding all table foods.

I'd say anything off your plate that he's been tried and found to do well with.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:32 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Cooked carrots & peas, small slices of avacado, puffs or wagon wheel snacks are made for finger food snacks, meat sticks (i thick gerber makes them), rice, couscous, my kids had teethe by then and could eat grapes cut in 1/4 size
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• My son is only 5 months but I would say anything that YOU would fall asleep with in your mouth. That way you know he won't choke if you aren't watching. That's my plan.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 3:35 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• my son is almost 8 months old and his favorite food is avocados.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 4:03 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• queentdi i wouldn't fall asleep with anything in my mouth! my son is 7 monthes old and when i start giving him table foods (after he getsa few teeth) i'm just going to be giving him things like soft broccoli green beans avocado and meat thats cut up really really small. they have little "graduate" foods in the baby aislew at the grocery store maybe you could get som of those.
    Anonymous

• i do the gerber graduates the have all kind of stuff and evey thing is healthy and hole grains
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 7:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I didn't mean literally fall asleep. I meant if it's safe enough to fall asleep with it in your mouth then its safe enough for them to eat it, so if they swallow it whole by mistake , they won't choke. Please tell me someone understood the metaphor in that.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 8:53 AM on Feb. 11, 2009