How many of you have had or thought about having an affair?

Just curious, I know women right now who are having affairs that I never thought would...what drives a person to that point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• Lacking something in their marriage and they feel that they are getting it from the other person. It is usually emotional and not even about the sex.
    Anonymous

• No self respect.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Having a sexual relationship with someone other than my husband? No, never. I made a vow and I'm sticking to it. Actually the thought of another man touching me makes me cringe.

Answer by Bmat at 3:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I think most affairs start out as emotional, my husband shows me no attention. His mother lives with us and he dotes on her all the time, but I get nothing. If i was to ever cheat, it would have nothing to do with sex, it would have to do with emotions. But, some people are just physically attracted to another and don't care what they do. Neither is right, but the emotional thing I can totally understand.
    Anonymous

• ANON 341 - if your husband shows you no affection, why do you put up with it?

Are you a passive or full partner in your marriage?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:42 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I guess I've put up with it so long because I've been taught my whole life that divorce is wrong unless the other person cheats. I keep hoping things will change, and to be honest my self esteem isn't that great because of the fact that my husband doens't even want to have sex anymore it seems. In some ways I think no one else would ever have me, so I just stay with him. His mother suffered a stroke last year and every since then he quit school, quit work, we moved in with her and he takes care of her full time. I'm trying to save some money so I can get a place of my own but then I feel guilty for wanting to leave, like I'm jealous of his mother or something. There is another man thats begun to show me some attention and I'm eating it up, because it feels good. Sorry didn't mean to unload. I don't want to have an affair, I REALLY don't but I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to resist....
    Anonymous

• I think about it sometime , however I would never act on it. The man that I am infatuated with is married with a son (22) and daughter ( 26)! And has been married for 32 years.... and I 18 years.
    Anonymous

• Do not have an affair. You will feel so yucky!

You need to get yourself by yourself and have some special ANON time before letting anyone in.

I am so sorry.

That is a terrible situation for anyone to be in.

partyYou need to celebrate yourself!!!!!!

If this other guy is really right, he will wait.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:52 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Thank you Wimsey, I already feel "yucky" for even talking to him and entertaining thoughts about it...I have been in this marriage for almost 6 years now, and the last year has been the breaking point I guess. Even his daughter told me she feels neglected and wants to stay with me if I move out. My biggest fear is that I will wake up one day so miserable I just want to die. I know I need to get out, but do I really have the nerve? My husband isn't mean, he's not violent, doesn't drink or do drugs, he's just never been there for me emotionally, and lately he's not there physically either, and I've fallen out of love with him.
    Anonymous

• GOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGOOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO baby GO!

Keep in touch with me!

I'm a good cheerleader!

I like exclamation points!

I know it would be easier to leave if he popped you one - but the emotional toll is too much for anyone to take.

YOU CAN DO IT!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:04 PM on Feb. 10, 2009