Syphillis??

I'm 28 weeks and just had blood work done where they tested for STDs again. The syphillis came back positive. The test came back negative when they did it in October and I haven't had sex since then. Due to other issues, I was advised not to. My husband insists he didn't cheat and I believe him. They are doing another blood test to confirm tomorrow and my ob says pregnancy can cause false positives. I know there should be no way I could have gotten syphillis between October and now but I'm still scared. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i had clamidia when i first got pregnant and they think i may have it again but both me and my boyfriend got treated and waiting the right amount of time to sleep together... but idk...
    scared_mommy16

Answer by scared_mommy16 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Don't some STD's take awhile to show up after coming in contact? I don't know, wait and see what the dr says
    Anonymous

• OK. POOR THING. YES THAT HAPPENED TO ME, AND I FOUND OUT THAT I HAD IT FOR A REALLY LONG TIME BE FOR I GOT PREGGO. I HAD NO SYMPTOMS WHEN I FOUND OUT I WAS PREGGO. MY HUBBY GOT TREATED AND HIS TEST CAME BACK NEG. WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 8 YRS. SO I MUST HAVE CONTRACTED IT BEFORE THEN. THE GOOD THING ABOUT MY SITUATION WAS THAT IF YOU HAVE HAD IT FOR THAT LONG, IT IS IN A DORMANT STAGE AND IS NO LONGER TRANSMITTABLE TO ANYONE ELSE, NOT EVEN THE BABY. THE REALLY BAD NEWS IS THE TREATMENT FOR SIPHLIS IN THAT STAGE IS VERY PAINFUL. I HAD TO GET LIKE 8 SHOTS IN THE ASS OVER A PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE MY DUE DATE TO TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTIONS THAT THE BABY WOULD BE O.K. THEN AFTER THE BABY WAS BORN TO FINNISH THE TREATMENT. THEY ALSO GAVE THE BABY TREATMENT BECAUSE HIS TITERS WERE HIGH JUST BECAUSE MINE WERE HIGH BEFORE I GAVE BIRTH. BUT HIS TITERS WERE A LITTLE HIGH ONLY BECASE MINE WERE. HUH, ANYWAY, HE WAS TREATED WITH AN I.V DOSE OF
    Anonymous

• I.V. DOSE OF ANTIBIOTICS TWICE A DAY FOR TWO WEEKS TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE. MY BABY IS HEALTHY, NO PROBLEMS AT ALL. I AM HEALTHY AND THAT EXPERINCE WAS HELL. I AM EVER SO GREATFUL TO MY CREATER AND I HOPE THAT IN TURN I COULD BE OF HELP. OH! AND BE STRONG, CAUSE THE NURSES MADE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT! I MADE MY HUBBY GO WITH ME EVERY TIME. GOOD LUCK.
    Anonymous

• It happened to my friend while she was pregnant. Her husband swore he didn't cheat, and she believed him. 6 months later she had a baby, and then 2 months later, so did her husband's girlfriend. 

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Anonymous