im going on vacation is sunscreen ok on a 4 month old ive heard not to

sari1102

Asked by sari1102 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They make a sunscreen that is for baby's- i think its called baby blanket. They sell it at babies r us...but I would also check w/ your ped before you use it to be sure its ok.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 3:40 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Yes, just don't put it on their hands because they like to put them in the mouth.

Anonymous

• I have always been told 6 months, but I would check with your pedi.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• yes! the bottles usually say check with a doc for babies under 6months. that's because they don't test those things on babies that young. my doc said he would much rather have me put it on the baby, than deal with a baby with a sunburn. i just make sure to get the tear-free kind
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:43 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Not recommended for babies under six months. Use light, long-sleeved pants and shirt and a brimmed hat, or keep baby in the shade, instead.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:47 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• use a chemical free sunscreen - specifically titanium dioxide.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 4:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• You can by sunscreen specially made for babies. Sun exposure is worse than sunscreen, your baby's skin is WAY sensitive and yes, children can get cancer although it is rare.

Burts Bees makes the best sunscreen and it is safe, no chemicals or crap in it. Also, www.northernessence.com sells natural sunscreen, but I've never tried it or heard anything about it.

Put sunscreen on that baby! :)
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 4:44 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• i just used the baby sunscreen, there was no problems with it at all.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:45 PM on Feb. 10, 2009